Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 4

Day 4 was another challenging day schedule-wise.  I woke up late and missed church, but managed to have cereal (Special K) for breakfast.  Meanwhile, I learned that two of my cousins who are sisters were in the hospital.  I did a little shopping, dragging Kolbe out with me so he could keep his body in motion too, and then started getting hungry before making it to the hospital.  I found myself thinking about what kind of food could I pickup real quick.  This has always been a bad habit of mine-- making spur of the moment decisions about food and EATING THE WRONG THING.  So on the way to the hospital, I swooped in to the grocery store and picked up a bag of baby carrots and some celery.  Washed them at my sister's house, and we both munched on a couple of carrots on the way to the hospital.  Now THAT was an accomplishment for me!  I did not give in to the hunger pangs by buying some crappy food, and I set myself up to have something healthy available the next time mid-meal cravings hit. 

The next question was what to eat for dinner.  My husband was at my cousin's house watching the playoff games.  I called him to tell him to bring home some of her famous mostaciolli.  The problem is I knew it would be way to late to eat dinner by the time he got home.  That was always another problem of mine:  EATING TOO LATE AT NIGHT.  So I ate something else and got on with the rest of my evening.  Another accomplishment!  Yay me!!!

My plan going forward then is to STOP, THINK, TAKE CONTROL, and always sprinkle my Sensa!

No comments:

Post a Comment