Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 5

Day 5 - MLK Day.  This was a beautiful day all around spent with my family.  Started out with breakfast and then my son's performance at the Southfield Civic Center.  Picked up a few needed grocery items.  Had California rolls and protein salad for lunch, and a tossed salad and banana for dinner.  Later, we all listened to gospel music while Kolbe and I chopped veggies to make snack bags for us and my husband fried fish for himself.  I told him to put aside some fish for Kolbe and I to have baked fish tomorrow.  No fried foods for us!

It was wonderful spending time with Kolbe talking about the things our bodies need to be healthy and having him involved in the preparation of the foods.  We bagged grapes too, and nuts and raisins for a real special treat.  My son really wants to get healthy, but being young, he just doesn't know how to do it.  I may have let myself down over the years, but this is not just about me now.  My son's health and happiness are at stake, and I will not let him down.  It's time to put together all the things I have learned over the years about diet and exercise to help myself and my son.  When I think of all the programs I've tried over the years-- some very good programs like Think Trim, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, not to mention my own nutritionist and the wonderful Doctor Oz-- all of them gave very valuable information which I am putting in place right now.  Combining that knowledge with sprinkling my Sensa will surely help us reach our health and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment